Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Dew yore kidds nead xtruh spelling practis? Check out SpellQuizzer!
SpellQuizzer is a spelling program for helping children learn their spelling words...or for helping them practice their vocabulary.
The folks at SpellQuizzer were kind enough to let our family give this spelling software a try. Here are some of the things we love about SpellQuizzer (oh...and pardon me while I sharpen and expand on my spelling and vocabulary r.e.p.e.r.t.o.i.r.e.):
- SpellQuizzer will work with any and every curriculum your kids use. Yay for v.e.r.s.a.t.i.l.i.t.y.!
- If you homeschool...this software can be a great s.u.p.p.l.e.m.e.n.t. to your spelling program. If you do not homeschool...this software will help r.e.i.n.f.o.r.c.e. what your kids are learning in school and provide a fun way for your kids to practice the words on their spelling lists.
- SpellQuizzer recognizes US and UK English spelling. Colour...or Color. Either one is p.e.r.m.i.s.s.i.b.l.e.
- If your PC has a m.i.c.r.o.p.h.o.n.e. you can record the words you want your child to practice. I LOVE this feature. (If your PC doesn't have a microphone, you can find one at Walmart for about $10.)
- You can import and export spelling lists...which means you can share lists with others who use SpellQuizzer. Very s.o.l.i.c.i.t.o.u.s.
Go check out the SpellQuizzer Demo here and see what you think. See for yourself how simple and a.c.c.o.m.m.o.d.a.t.i.n.g. it can be for your kids!
Interested in a chance to win SpellQuizzer's spelling software? Yes, I thought that possibility might i.n.t.r.i.g.u.e. you.
Leave a comment here telling us how you would use this spelling program. And oh my word...please tell me that there are no spelling errors in this post.
This giveaway is now closed! :)
Thursday, April 9, 2009
When I mentioned Lisa Whelchel's book, Creative Correction, in my recent post discussing the reasons our family chose to homeschool...Jessica emailed me right away with an amazing offer for you!!
Jessica works for LifeWay. They published a Bible study based on Lisa Whelchel's book!!!!! AND she offered to give away one of these Bible studys to one of my readers!!!
Isn't she NICE?!
Here's what Jessica tells us about this Bible study:
"Creative Correction is Bible study teaching how we can build character in our children using scriptural truths--the same way that God corrects His children. With a little creativity, Lisa Whelchel offers help for when time out and other standard disciplinary methods just don't seem to be working anymore. The Bible study is in a six-week format with seven DVD session, excellent for individual study or a group format.
The DVD sessions are between 17 and 27 minutes and include a panel discussion between Lisa and other moms, Lisa's teachings, and home movies from the Whelchel household.
Lisa, a homeschool mom to three children, tells her stories of triumph and failure through this Bible study and accompanying DVD. Her sense of humor and insight will keep you laughing and learning at the same time."
This program is worth $149!! Doesn't it sound like SUCH a great study for Christian parents!!?? For a chance to win, leave a comment following this post. Then, be sure to head over to Jessica's and give her a big thank you!!
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks everyone!